Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LOCHINVAR OR TRIANGLE TUBE/Instinct

Options
majikmatt
majikmatt Member Posts: 4
edited January 2020 in Domestic Hot Water
Residential Application. 2 story house with a basement.
Any suggestions on which On Demand system is better/more reliable?
Thank you to those that replied to my previous post which was about replacing a Weil McClain & 40G HWH with an on demand system similar to the Title of this post.
KennyCatboxkschins

Comments

• BillyO
    BillyO Member Posts: 277
    Options
    check reviews of TT Instinct, not too favorable. With these boilers try to find the manufacturer that has good tech support and stand behind the product if there is a problem. I found that LAARS has the best . Rathe Associates who rep LAARS in our area of NY is second to none if problem arises . Just my opinion
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    With the proper/correct installation of either boiler you can't go wrong. It is imperative that any boiler installation is done correctly, seems like a normal expectation. But more than not, people seem to fail in the installation.
    I like both boilers, Lochinvar is my go to boiler.

Have installed TT since they came out early 2000's, quiet frankly don't see many major issues with any of them. Didn't like the huge pricing on parts for them, but talk is now that they have come down in price.
    Installer is the key to success.
    D
    BillyO
  • majikmatt
    majikmatt Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. Any of you guys operate in Southern CO? I searched contractors but none come up in my area. So is it a "pipe dream" (pun intended) to consider a quality on demand boiler to heat 4 Radiant Heat zones and all the Hot Water requirements for a 3 level home? 3.5 baths, washer, dishwasher, kitchen sink? Obviously most of that doesn't run in tandem but my kids are younger and haven't hit the teenage extended shower years yet.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    majikmatt said:

Thanks for the comments. Any of you guys operate in Southern CO? I searched contractors but none come up in my area. So is it a "pipe dream" (pun intended) to consider a quality on demand boiler to heat 4 Radiant Heat zones and all the Hot Water requirements for a 3 level home? 3.5 baths, washer, dishwasher, kitchen sink? Obviously most of that doesn't run in tandem but my kids are younger and haven't hit the teenage extended shower years yet.

Lots of qualified radiant contractors across Colorado, what town are you close to.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • KennyCatbox
    KennyCatbox Member Posts: 15
    Options
    majikmatt said:
    Residential Application. 2 story house with a basement. Any suggestions on which On Demand system is better/more reliable? Thank you to those that replied to my previous post which was about replacing a Weil McClain & 40G HWH with an on demand system similar to the Title of this post.
    Which did you go with? Thoughts?