Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EK1 Frontier installation.

kitugreat
kitugreat Member Posts: 29
Hello,
I am trying to find an installer for new EK1 boiler.
Here are the pictures of the installs they did recently.

Are there any issues or everything looks normal?
I also want to install Roth 275 oil tank outside of my boiler room right next to the house.
I was told that it should be at least 5 feet from the boiler. Would it still be OK, if there is a wall between boiler and oil tank?
Thanks

Comments

• brnrman1
    brnrman1 Member Posts: 32
    Kitugreat. The pictures look good the work is above average I would hire them to put my Boiler in. The oil tank separation of 5 feet is if they are in the same room as the boiler. Sounds like yours will be outside the rule does not apply. Using the Roth outdoors is ok but you need to get their outdoor cover and #2 heating oil can gel if below 20 degrees for a couple of days. I recommend putting the tank indoors if possible.

Mitch
    "Mitch"
    Roger Mitchell
    Senior Technical Representative
    Energy Kinetics
    SuperTech
  • kitugreat
    kitugreat Member Posts: 29
    Hi Mitch,
    Thank you for your comment. Why do you think it is above the average?
    What should I be looking for in order to pick great installer?
    I was told that oil company can add chemicals to prevent oil from gelling.
    Is that bad for the burner?

I would like to install EK1 with 40 gallons tank underneath.
    I was told that it may not be enough for a bath tab. Is that true?

If it is, can I add an electric hybrid hot water tank to this system? Rheem?
    I have excess of electricity from my solar panels and it may sense to be able to capitalize on it.

Appreciate your input.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Does EK require barometric damper in these 2 applications? Just wondering.
    steve
  • brnrman1
    brnrman1 Member Posts: 32
    The piping is straight the Electrical meets the code over all craftmenship is good.

The burner is fine with additives but if the Driver doesn't put it in you end up with a no heat call warm oil does burn better than cold.

The EK1 with 40 gallon tank will produce over 225 gallons first hour you should be able to fill your tub just fine.

You can get the System as heat only and use your Hybrid or just pipe the electric tank in series before the EK storage tank.

Steve,
    We do not use barometric dampers, by design you can't have too much draft with our boilers and all the damper would do is suck heat out of the house. We have it in the instruction manual Do Not Use a Barometric Damper.
    "Mitch"
    Roger Mitchell
    Senior Technical Representative
    Energy Kinetics
    STEVEusaPASuperTech
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Thanks @brnrman1 for the info.
    steve