Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus gb142 sensor nut stuck on

Ace1224
Ace1224 Member Posts: 3
I bought my house about a year ago and it has a buderus gb142 and i had to fix it last winter and it is broke again this winter with a code refering to the sensors but I can't get the sensors out all 3 of them the nut is on there so tight I can not loosen it or get it out to look at them or replace them. Any advice as how to remove these sensors would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is a suggestion on how to loosen the bolt I have tried WD 40 and that hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    That’s a bummer, may need to break the heads and drill and tap if you can’t get them to budge
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    Ace1224
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,761
    edited January 2020
    Let the boiler equalize in temperature and take an ohm reading on all three temperature sensors . They should all read the same within 10% . The bad one would be way off from the others ..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Ace1224
    Ace1224 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah we did that but we can't get the nut off to replace the bad one. Thank you for your help though.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    Sorry to hear it, I had the same issue and called to find that the heat exchanger was still under warranty, got a new one, and realized it came with no new sensors or other items that WILL break when you try to swap it. It was a decision maker, no more GB's
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • invermont
    invermont Member Posts: 73
    They aren’t screwed in that tight. Just a couple threads and an o- ring. I have done mine on my old system. Not being a wise ****, but are you turning the right way?