Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EK Accel CS Installation Layout

bigiron
bigiron Member Posts: 5
I watched the EK Accel CS youtube video and it showed a very clean looking setup for demonstration. See picture below. I understand it is just a demo but is this a complete working system or is it missing some important components (ex. valve, circulator, 2nd expansion tank, etc.)? If this setup is complete and actually works, I would like to ask my installer to use it as a reference to install the Accel CS because it looks very clean and simple.

I only have two zones in my existing CI boiler w/ tankless coil for DHW. I'm converting to gas and moving the boiler location to a side wall so there will be space similar to the picture below.
Zone 1 is piped monoflow and Zone 2 is one pipe series.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    edited January 2020
    The only thing I see missing is the return manifold and electric.
    Maybe the domestic extrol is at the main. Lol.
    Great boiler.
    Your contractor must be an EK dealer. The contractor deals directly with EK.
  • bigiron
    About being an EK dealer, absolutely. I don't think there's any other way.
  • brnrman1
    brnrman1 Member Posts: 32
    Big Iron, thanks for the comments on the boiler it sure is a thing of beauty. The return piping is next to the gas pipe and the electrical wiring is along the wall down low next to the feed water. Every job is unique and may not look the same but the efficiency results will be the same. This is a great example of how it can look your installation may need additional piping or wiring so it may not look exactly the same but this is a good template of how it can be done.
    We can give you some Dealers in your area to call for proposals give us a call 800-323-2066

Mitch
    "Mitch"
    Roger Mitchell
    Senior Technical Representative
    Energy Kinetics
  • bigiron
    hi @brnrman1 ,

I'm already talking to three EK installers/dealers that also install other brands. I'm trying to decide between EK, Viessmann, and Lochinvar, but the active representation of EK folks in this forum is making me go with EK. I tried hard to get a quote for Viessmann but the installers/dealers for that brand doesn't seem to care much or even interested to sell/push the product. In the end, at least for my location, the obvious choice was between EK Accel CS or Lochinvar Knight.

Planning to get a signed contract by the end of this week.

@HVACNUT why is this Lol? "Maybe the domestic extrol is at the main." Sorry, I'm not very familiar with boiler installation to get the reference :smile:
  • bigiron
    @brnrman1 is the EK Accel CS boiler AHRI certified? I'm reading the utility company rebate form and it asks for the AHRI certificate. I don't see EK listed in the AHRI directory.

A copy of the equipment’s Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate
    (if applying for a boiler or a furnace rebate). Download a certificate from www.ahridirectory.org