Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Armstrong oil pack board needed

Options
John Mills_5
John Mills_5 Member Posts: 952
Anybody got an old R06428D459 from Armstrong's Oil packaged unit sitting around? Guy on hvac-talk.com needs one and they aren't available from Allied/Lennox any more.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I think we were waiting on the correct model number of the unit to try to see if we can use a universal board or some other components. Really need to see a wiring diagram from the manual.
    Here's a pic from it:
    Doesn't look like anything special, but I really can't read all the writing on it.

Might have to make up a molex connector for a universal board.
    The other site doesn't allow DIY so not much more we can do there. They'll have to join here :)
    Here's a company that says to email them for a possible replacement:
    https://www.ptacsolutions.com/Armstrong-Furnace-R06428D459-CONTROL-BOARD-This-Item-is-obsolete-or-has-been-replaced-by-a-new-version-Please-email-salesptacsolutionscom-or-call-888-727-8007-for-current-replacement-options-_p_80441.html

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 952
    Options
    Got the model # and looked up the part on the dealer site. That number was the last generation board sold for the unit. I think his only hope is a dealer or distributor in oil country has one with 2" of dust on it that would be tickled to sell it :D
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited December 2019
    Options
    If that's the board in my pic, probably doable with a universal board. Either make up a molex, or get an old molex connector, cut the wires long, and get a pack of wire nuts.
    --or--
    Find an electronics guru who can fix the board.
    Still would like to see the wiring diagram.
    My father used to scavenger stuff like that all the time. Anything I haven't used or even think I could use after 5+ years usually gets tossed.
    I'm still sitting on a dozen 8184g's and a few mechanical triple aquastats...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,907
    Options
    I thought that the Armstrong Oil Pac used the ST9103A to operate the burner, blower and AC system.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,907
    Options

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?