Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 306P to Tekmar 261

Sorry for noob question, but I am trying to add some heating zones to what was a multi stage single zone hydronic system. I am inserting a Tekmar 306P to run pumps for each zone but am failing on the connection between between the boiler output of the 306 and the boiler demand on the 261. I believe I just need to add a 24v transformer but can't figure out the wiring.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Yes you'll need a 24v transformer. One big series loop from transformer to 306 to 261 back to transformer. When any zone calls, the end switch is made, closes 9/10 on the 261 to fire the boiler.
    steve
  • RIDIY
    RIDIY Member Posts: 3

Yes you'll need a 24v transformer. One big series loop from transformer to 306 to 261 back to transformer. When any zone calls, the end switch is made, closes 9/10 on the 261 to fire the boiler.

Just to make sure I am understanding, The transformer is wired to both the 261 boiler demand (jack 1) and 306 boiler(jack x1) and the 261 boiler demand(jack 2) and 306 boiler(jack x2) are connected together?

Thanks for the help.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I think like this?
    steve
  • RIDIY
    RIDIY Member Posts: 3
    Thanks again, worked like a charm once I swapped out the dead transformer...