Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant loop CAD layout, and boiler piping layout help

Options
leegej
leegej Member Posts: 30
Hello all, I hope everyone had a fat thanksgiving and a successful deer season. I know I gained a few pounds and also harvested a respectful 13 point buck. But anyways...

I have a 9-5 and I also crop farm, so this difficult wet year has me still struggling to get my crops off. I purchased the modern hydronics text book; worth every penny, but since I’ve gotten in the fields I feel I’ve forgotten more than I learned. So I am looking for an outside source to make me a CAD drawing of a tubing layout for my house. And I’d also like a design for the boiler/circulators/manifold plumbing.

The system will be an above floor in floor heat on the first level, roughly 1200-1300 sq feet (living and dining are one open room, kitchen, and bedroom). Plan is one zone on a balancing manifold so I could tweek things manually for the bedroom specifically. It will be LVP flooring. 2nd story will be radiant panels, I have them sized for something like 140 degree water in order to maximize my condensing boiler.

So a couple questions. First flooring in floor I am planning on using omega style cheap stamped plates on 1/2 pex, using outdoor reset on the boiler and a outdoor reset mixing valve; can I really space my tubing too close? I was thinking a 6-7 inch spacing to make up for the less efficient transfer plates.

Second question: with only 2 zones, I can do 2 Grundfos alpha 2 circulators, but what type of plumbing strategy for the radiators upstairs (3 room, one larger room with 2 radiators). Home run with TRVs?

Third and final question: anyone have input on a good online company for design of all this? I know pricing can’t be discussed on forum, but does anyone on this forum want to help me design this for and earn some extra beer money?

Thanks in advanced for any and all help or advice.

Comments

• jar59nh
    jar59nh Member Posts: 1
    Options
    If you haven't bought your materials yet, you can have a design done by Blue Ridge Company. They will send you the design plans after you pay for your radiant supplies. Just make sure you are very accurate in your description of what you need.