Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

It can be done

BDR529
BDR529 Member Posts: 281
Why did this fail? Other than price.

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,720
    It did not study the night before the test?
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    A little context would be nice. What are we supposed to be looking at?
    steve
  • BDR529
    Buderus 125BE
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    edited November 2019
    It didn't fail. We failed to receive it. But I feel it was price, and fear of the unknown BE burner. Why pay another 2K+ (w/ the 2107) for 3% AFUE over a G115 with a Riello and Hydrostat 3250 Plus?Amazing burner though.
  • BDR529
    Yes, the price was steep. Always thought that type of flame should be the progression of oil heat.

Never thought it had to do with AFUE numbers. Had more to do with proving a point. Like you said 3% is no big gains.

Not sure how long it will be supported with parts. The HFD nozzels are better part of $30 then the fire ring, and electrodes every 5 years or so.

Sad day when I really have to consider replacing the BE
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    They failed due to lack of training on the part of those that installed and set up n service.i know it’s only 3 % but here fuel is cheap where they come from it ain’t cheap and every year there are properly serviced . I believe most of the oil that’s burned in Germany is mostly in rural areas and there combines w thermal storage and usually offset by wood gasification boilers high fuel cost keep these system performing properly and there people are frugal they haven’t forgotten the recovery after ww2 and hold tight onto the Deutsch mark now the euro .lol plus they operate there hi temp systems at only like 160 max w a 30 td smart heating guys hi fuel cost there always means complete and properly installed system w not a btu being wasted all piping insulated .lets not forget there ain’t much hot air ? Who going lose duct work space and then have to power a 3/4 or 1 hp blower especially w hi electrical rates .i think one day those costs will be at our shores and then as the song states the times they are a changing ,not yet but I would not have my eyes closed when it creeps in PS I have been to Germany more then 20 years ago n I don t think we have caught up to where they where back then now .i base what I say from what I saw there oh so long ago not make believe , I think it will be another 25 years till we see mid and low temp systems working w cast iron boilers using panel rads as the normal not baseboard Fuel cost at some point will will be the main motivator. peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating