Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help! Boiler not responding to call for heat

christineandjeff2019
christineandjeff2019 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2019 in Gas Heating
HELLO! I could really use your expertise! I have a Laars EBP0110, that is currently not responding to the call for heat. The domestic hot water is working perfectly. The circulator module is on and they are running but the boiler is not responding. Also, it's not tripping any error codes. Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it!!

Comments

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Confirm a good call for heat at the boiler. Is boiler circ pump running, if so check the boiler flow sensor.
    christineandjeff2019
  • Thank you for the response! I just checked and the circ pump is not running. I'm not sure how to confirm call for heat other than that.
  • DZoro
    Need some more info, pics of the entire system will help much
    D
  • DZoro
    back up for 1 picture that contains the entire system. We can blow it up if we need to see something.
    Thanks
    D
    christineandjeff2019
  • It's a little tough because it's in a tight corner. These were the best I could do.
  • DZoro
    Looks like you have 2 zones calling for heat. So those 2 pumps should be on. The pipe to the right of the gauge on the top of the boiler should be hot. The boiler looks to have 176* hot water inside of it. If that pipe is not hot there is a good chance that the anti condensing valve is not opening, could be the valve or the board not telling the valve to open.
    D
  • The pipe under the anti condensing valve it hot to the touch, and the one above is barley warm. Any suggestions on which to try first? Thank you for all your help.
  • DZoro
    The valve either is not getting power to it, or is getting power and is stuck or just broke. Unless you know how to use a multi meter about the only thing that you can do is tap the valve body with the handle of a screw driver. Try that maybe get lucky and it opens.
    D
  • christineandjeff2019
    christineandjeff2019 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2019
    Multi meter is reading that there is about 24.5V going to it. Trying the tapping method now with our fingers crossed. At least now we have a good idea on what our problem is. You have been awesome. Thank you for taking the time to help! We were lost.