Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Which furnace brand to Install? (from a contractors perspective)

Hello Everyone long time lurker first post.
To begin I am slowly starting my own residential HVAC company slowly and I have picked up a few installs here and there along with service work. I work full time for a local HVAC company. The installs are mainly gas furnaces and split air conditioning systems. Currently I install Bryant equipment.

Being an owner operator of a business any equipment that I install I am responsible for returning to service it if any issues arise. In a "perfect world" I would like to install the equipment, do annual maintenance's on the equipment and then return in 12-15 years to replace the equipment. Now I know that equipment is not made like that anymore and I also understand that brand is not as big of a deal as is the quality of the install. But from some seasoned forced air contractors I would like to hear which brand aligns closer to with my"Perfect World" scenario.

Thanks in advance to any valuable input I really appreciate it.

Comments

• John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Rheem/Ruud. R97 downflow or R98 upflow, 13 stages with the Econet control. Amazing furnace. If customer doesn't want top of the line, R95PA which will give way to the R95TC which has the ECM to meet the new requirements.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Lennox Pulse😁
  • ExistingAmount
    ExistingAmount Member Posts: 6

Rheem/Ruud. R97 downflow or R98 upflow, 13 stages with the Econet control. Amazing furnace. If customer doesn't want top of the line, R95PA which will give way to the R95TC which has the ECM to meet the new requirements.

Thank you for the input. I have been looking into Ruud recently as I have been earing great things about them. Do you install any ACs if so how have they held up
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I like Rheem/Ruud as well. From strictly a service standpoint, they're all basically the same. I like a sturdy cabinet, not needing baby hands to access parts in the burner compartment, and workable doors. IMO, Amana/Goodman cabinets are like tinfoil.
  • ExistingAmount
    ExistingAmount Member Posts: 6
    HVACNUT said:

I like Rheem/Ruud as well. From strictly a service standpoint, they're all basically the same. I like a sturdy cabinet, not needing baby hands to access parts in the burner compartment, and workable doors. IMO, Amana/Goodman cabinets are like tinfoil.

Thank you very much for the input. It is greatly appreciated. Do you any experience with rheem/ruud condensers/evap. coils? If so have you had any issues with them such as a leak in a evaporator coil? Thank you very much