Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

"Eternal?"

Intplm.
Intplm. Member Posts: 1,882
Eternal Water Heaters?
Has anyone heard of this company ?
Have they gone out of business?
Are they under a new name?
Is there a way I can get a new water heater or water heater parts that a supplier may still have?

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    Hi, They are history. I don’t know if parts are available someplace. Maybe a search for eternal water heater parts? :(

Yours, Larry
    Intplm.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Done, Out of Business. You are best off getting a new water heater.
    Intplm.delta T
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    The Eternal is manufactured in Taiwan by Grand Hall. Looks like they are defunct here in the states but you might try this site:
    http://justtankless.com/eternal.htm
    Most reviews are not very positive on that unit. It may be time to just replace it.
    Intplm.
  • Intplm.
    Thanks all. I thought as much. Just hoping to find a avenue toward fixing if possible.
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    @Intplm. Replace it.

If you have some spare time, search for "Eternal water heater complaints" online and get some popcorn....They are junk, stay far far away from them.

I have had the pleasure of three in the field. One needed a new ignitor, 2 weeks later (finally) I installed it, then a week after that the heat exchanger failed. They would not warranty a 3 year old heat exchanger, tried to jump on me for bad workmanship after changing the ignitor, as if that would cause the heat exchanger to fail.... the other two were 2.5 years old on LP and blew up (literally blew the air intake apart on one, while waiting for parts the other one blew up the same way, I replaced them both with Rinnais, they are still running fine 7 years later).

• Intplm.
    Wow @delta T I have been hearing many of the same type of stories from others too. Didn't even need to search the net. What gives with this company. Its know wonder they are gone.
    Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your input.