Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Low Water Cut Off Model LTA0243S-2 Need Help

Joseph_4
Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
The control itself says 24 volts. There is a hot side and a neutral side that supplies the control and then there is a burner circuit hot and neutral side which the low water cut off is supposed to break. Does anybody have experience with this control and know if you are able to supply power to the control using 120 volts and break the voltage of a 24 volt side. The reason I am asking is because I have a customer with an older boiler that had an LNA0243S-1 low water cut off. The customer had this old control and that is the way that it was wired. 120 volts coming in and the boiler side was 24 volts. When I look in the manual of the LNA control, it seems to say that you are only supposed to use 24 volts on both sides, yet the control worked fine for them for 15 years. I would like to put back the same kind of control, does anyone have experience with this control?

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    edited August 2019
    Taco can correct me if I’m wrong but the 024 in the model number designates the power that is supplied to the control. In this case 24 volts. If the burner voltage is different, there should be a jumper within the control that gets removed.

There’s also an LTA-120
    Steve Minnich
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    Nice job Steve!
    Yes the 024 designates power to control. If you remove jumper, and energize com with a hot leg you can use N/O to power boiler, circulator, or anything within the power rating of control. As Steve said again Taco also offers a 120 volt version so you can power control with 120 and leave jumper in. Additionally, if you remove jumper you can use dry contacts for 24v. The jumper powers contacts. Remove it, and contacts are dry
    It’s pretty straight forward.
    I’m typing on my phone so hopefully I didn’t mess up too bad!!
    Taco tech support can add to this if you need additional support.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Joseph_4
    Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
    thank you!