Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Deeper fin-tube baseboard covers

Options
Fin-tube hydronic baseboard in a bathroom. The aluminum fins are square, but larger (measure about 2 3/4") than "standard" output. Results in a deeper profile from SlantFin fine line dummy covers. Need new housing/covers as the originals were removed and discarded. It could be from the late 1970's.

How can I get deeper covers?

Comments

• The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Options
    Embassy made a high capacity convector which may work with those.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Alan Welch
    Alan Welch Member Posts: 267
    Options
    Slant Fin makes a higher output multipak 80 line, heavier duty , not easily cut to size with tin snips. It might be easier to replace the whole section, they also make one more corrosion resistant if I recall.
  • Patchogue Phil_2
    Patchogue Phil_2 Member Posts: 304
    Options
    > @mark schofield said:
    > https://getneatheat.com/how-to-measure/

I bought the pvc neatheat standard cover from Home Depot, literature says it covers up to 3" sticking out from wall. I then see that my fin-tube sticks out 3.25" from wall. Note I have no enclosure at all. Means I have nothing to hang the neatheat covers onto.

So I screwed a piece of pvc flat trim 1/4" thick x 2.5" onto the wall. Then I screwed a 1/8" x 1.5" pvc flat trim piece to that with a washer in between. Hung the pvc cover with the bent flange slipped between the pvc trim pieces.

See pics.
  • Keith M
    Keith M Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Slant/Fin manufactures a huge selection of finned tube. As someone else recommended Slant/Fin Multi/Pak 80 cover should work. Multi/Pak 80 is 3 1/2 inches deep. It is also rust resistant for it it galvanized steel under the paint.
    Many distributors have this in stock. Go to the locator on the Slant/Fin website to find the closest distributor to you.
    www.slantfin.com
    Keith Muhlmeister
    Slant/Fin Corporation