Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FYI Lochinvar Technical Service Bulletin on Fan Assembly Blowers for Knight and Noble Combi's

Le John
Le John Member Posts: 226
Lochinvar Technical Service Bulletin on Fan Assembly Blowers for Knight and Noble Combi's - See attached technical Bulletin from Lochinvar.
Adolfo2DZoro

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Interesting. Think someone recently posted about a fan issue
  • Adolfo2
    Adolfo2 Member Posts: 32
    Le John said:

Lochinvar Technical Service Bulletin on Fan Assembly Blowers for Knight and Noble Combi's - See attached technical Bulletin from Lochinvar.

Is there a way to browse for other Lochinvar TSB's (website, etc.) other than by someone (TY Le John) graciously posting them?
    DZoro
  • duffy_4
    duffy_4 Member Posts: 79
    I had two fail on me on same install with two years, lucky there were year apart

• Le John
    @duffy_4 did Lochinvar replace them?
  • duffy_4
    duffy_4 Member Posts: 79
    Yes did on first one still waiting on credit back on second one from my supplier ,I got check that I got correct replacement models
    Began by making noise then the blades dies grated on the inducer
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Timing was perfect on this post. Just had a no heat/hot water call. Turned out the blower was making a squeal, did the "normal" clean maintenance items. Still had no ignition, remembered seeing this bulletin from @Le John thank you! Changed inducer, fired up, reset CA#'s. All good to go. But on a side note found the flue sensor gasket totally deteriorated and actually the sensor barely in the exhaust pipe. Not good ,,,,new sensor and gasket installed,,,, but something to keep a eye out for.
    Hoping my rep gets me set up to get bulletins soon.
    D
  • Le John
    @DZoro was make model was it?
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Noble NKC 199
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 849
    We have replaced many blowers on other brands of condensing boilers in the last few years, yet I do not recall warranty credit or a factory recall on any of them. Happy to see, Lochinvar step up to the plate and actually admit to a problem. I'm guessing with a recall, we as contractors will have to jump through a few less hoops to get reimbursed.
  • PerryHolzman
    PerryHolzman Member Posts: 234
    I'm curious as to what is the boiler age ranges on the replaced blowers (or fan as it's called on mine). Are these failures and replacements occurring in the first several years, 3-5 years, later, etc.

I just replaced the blower (fan) that was vibrating very badly on a 12.5 year Vitodens 200. Perhaps I should have replaced it several years sooner.

Have a great day,

Perry
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

We have replaced many blowers on other brands of condensing boilers in the last few years, yet I do not recall warranty credit or a factory recall on any of them. Happy to see, Lochinvar step up to the plate and actually admit to a problem. I'm guessing with a recall, we as contractors will have to jump through a few less hoops to get reimbursed.

Make no mistake, this is no recall. A TSB simply states the known issue and gets it on the website so tech can send the multiple calls to the TSB instead of processing every single call regarding the same known issue. It's not something any company likes to do. The worst part is in cases like this, it's an outside vendor's part that has failed. It looks bad for the manufacturer as we can't say it's them not us, it's in their product. If the issue is wide-spread enough for a TSB, generally the company needs every failed unit back to get a credit from the supplier. It's a giant mess when these types of issues arise. Then, the TSB gets discussed like we see here. As to stepping up to the plate, you would get the same info from the tech lines so it likely wasn't denied in the beginning, they just saw enough of a pattern that they made a statement.
    Just a guy running some pipes.