Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uponor ep manifold system

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,113
Wondering if anpyone has used them and what they think being the price is about 1/ 3 of there brass or ss manifolds . Also are these doomed to be a issue in 10 or 15 years .looked at a job w embassy systems plastic Mono block manifolds .the few I ve assemblies and installed have been fine but I run into these where there leaking like a sieve .it seems no one stocks them any more or parts .i would hate to install yet another plastic manifold and have it leak again .on another note it’s so nice when the heating contractor install like 7 of these pos and installs not a single isolation valve on anything aside from the water feed .aside from that a oil boiler piped like they had there eyes removed and knew they shall never return to service or repair I thank god that I don’t have to service the boiler being even if you got the top off I don’t think u could ever brush it down being the expansion tank is bout 1 off center power vented barometric screwed closed air tight home can u say soot .nice large 20 year old house white carpet basement w oil .funny I could smell oil about 15 seconds upon entering .cant make it up all radiant w a hitemp oil boiler the control set is as stupid as the piping .it really needs a total re do but they finished the basement and have a welltrol water softer amtrol 80 gal plus the boiler and a 275 gal oil tank in maybe 4 1/2 ft x 12 ft space don’t forget about 8 circ mounted behind the boiler on a ratty 2 x 4 w plastic nail on .its a miricale it works mostly because I did not do it lol .done w my rant so how bout those Mets .peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    Options
    I haven't used them @clammy but I wonder if it has some coating on the inside as an oxygen barrier. I couldn't find anything in the literature. It's a reasonably small surface area, so I wonder if that would matter?
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    I've used dozens of the EP Uponor manifolds and have had only one problem with a maniflow port leaking. The repair took under 5 min.
    Rich_49
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Thanks for the input Paul but after some research$ looks like califee might be the winner as long as the home owner is sitting down .the piping is a nightmare and upon talking w someone got the scoop on the house builder gc did all the work hence the non design of the whole boiler piping and basic nonsense .i ll have to see if they go for it thanks peace and good luckclammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating