Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thanks to Wallace-Eannace Associates, factory reps.

JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226

A special thanks to Jerry Katz and all the team at Wallace-Eannace in New York for printing a great spiral bound troubleshooting manual and product guide for our students at The General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen, Mechanics Institute program. Their informative guides and cut-away products have proven to be invaluable learning tools in our Hydronics Systems class.
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes
Erin Holohan Haskell

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Those smiling faces say it all. Thanks to Jerry, and to WEA (where I got my start). Thanks to John, for being a fine teacher. And an especial thanks to our Mechanics Institute students who work hard all day and still make the time each evening to learn and to materially improve their position in life. Well done all around!
    Retired and loving it.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Wallace-Eannace was a major supplier to my father's company. They always exemplified terrific service. I can remember Dan calling on Lin Patterson, my Dad's heating and steam engineer, over 45-50 years ago.
  • DanHolohan
    Lin had a way of making me stand up straight and pay attention. He was the real deal. Thanks for the memory, Paul.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul Pollets
    edited March 2019
    Lin never graduated from high school, yet designed many of the steam systems or plants in large industrial buildings, prisons and hospitals in the Hudson Valley. He would even draw the piping in isometric and stamp the drawings for the plumber, providing the contractor would purchase the equipment from the company.
  • DanHolohan
    Yep. The Real Deal for sure. He reminded me of John Rogers, who was WEA's heating engineer in New Jersey. John was self-educated and he taught me so much. He had a wonderful way with analogies that would get through to a non-engineer such as me. That was probably his greatest lesson for me.

John sat for the New Jersey P.E. exam just before he retired. He had never taken an engineering course in his life but he passed the test on his first try.

Education comes in many flavors.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul Pollets
    As I recall, Lin never certified for his own PE, but was hired by a local consulting engineer (Coggeshall & Associates) and allowed to use their stamp. He was a genius with steam and used to take me on field trips to steam systems that needed troubleshooting. He got me excited about how it all works.