Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus boiler won't start

myamour
myamour Member Posts: 4
I just changed one of my circulator pumps and all seemed just right, but, this morning my boiler wouldn't start. I discovered this 5:50 this morning, at approx.10am I checked the fuse in my "brain" which was fine. Then I turned the emergency switch back on and the boiler started fine. It ran for a few minutes and then shut off and will not start again. The reset button does nothing. All else seems normal. ???

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    That's not a lot to go on.
    Model number?
    Which controls?
    steve
    myamour
  • myamour
    model G115 The "brain" is Logamatic HS2109 and the burner is Riello Model F5 (40 series)
    Thanks
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited March 2019
    I'd start off with the basic troubleshooting outlined here:
    https://www.bosch-climate.us/files/HS2109_InstallationOperatingManual_US.pdf
    If that doesn't help, double check all your settings.
    Otherwise you are going to have to get out your meter and start working your way thru the components.
    Probably a simple wiring/sensing issue, I'd check all the wire nuts and connections.

What prompted you to replace the circulator?
    steve
  • myamour
    Major leak, and gaskets were all cracked and dried out. Had to take it off anyway, figured I'd go new.
    Thanks for your help. Will let you know how it goes.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    edited March 2019
    > @myamour said:
    > It ran for a few minutes and then shut off and will not start again. The reset button does nothing.

Nothing? You reset it and it doesn't even try to start? No faint orange light on the button? (I wish they made those lights brighter)
    Did you get water on the 2109 or any other controls like a zone board?
    The issue started immediately after the circ change?
    Occam's razor.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Maybe air locked and going off on high temp.
    STEVEusaPASuperTech
  • myamour
    Maybe the air lock. Changed the expansion tank...seems to be working now. weird, all new to me, but praise God ,up and running now. This site is wonderful. Thank you all for your help.
  • Jellis
    Jellis Member Posts: 228
    Sounds like you had air in your system.
    Based on what your reporting you may have replaced a perfectly good circulator pump and expansion tank. You likely had air in the system from the leaking gaskets. If you did not fill and purge the system properly after changing the circulator you may have had air in the system causing the Low water cutoff to trip.
    Nice job getting it going but be careful you don't waste money by throwing parts at it unnecessarily.