Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Air getting into oil/hot water heating system

mlk0120
mlk0120 Member Posts: 1
I recently have had a brand new oil burner installed (3 weeks ago). It’s a slant/fin oil fired hot water system. Since it has been installed we are consistently having to “burp” the system because we stop getting heat. As soon as we burp it, heat immediately runs to the zone. Our contractor has bled the system, replaced the relief valves on the radiators in the house and most recently replaced the air relief valve on top of the burner. None of this has worked and he is now at a loss. It typically takes about 2 days for this “air bubble” to build up in the system enough to stop the heat. Any suggestions? We are desperate.

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    pictures? it helps to see what we are working with
    kcoppSuperTech
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Of the zone piping and radiators.
    Is it monoflo? Maybe they went the wrong way down a one way street.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    > @HVACNUT said:
    > Of the zone piping and radiators.
    > Is it monoflo? Maybe they went the wrong way down a one way street.

Huh? I have a two pipe monoflo system, it doesn't matter which way I run the zone circulator (it's primary secondary with zone valves) either way water is diverted up to the cast iron baseboards.
    I'm thinking this boiler isn't pumping away from the expansion tank. On my boiler when I re-piped it to a pumping away setup I can get almost all the air out after a quick purge. The rest comes out in the next few hours of operation through the microbubble resorber.
    Can you post pictures of the boiler and piping?
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,883
    Please do post a few pictures at four or five angles showing a full view as best you can form floor to ceiling. This will help greatly in getting to the bottom of this.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Monoflo is also bi-flo?
    Whouda thunk it?