Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Combustion Analyzer Calibration?

SV9_9
SV9_9 Member Posts: 37
Hello folks,
I own a Bacharach Insight combustion analyzer that is only used for servicing my mod-con boiler. It is fully functional with no issues. I replaced both O2 and CO sensors in Oct. 2017. The replacement CO sensor was factory pre-calibrated about two weeks prior to it's installation and set up. The O2 sensor currently shows 92% remaining. My question is to those who use combustion analyzers regularly, How much drift do you see in the CO values over the course of a typical season? Is this something you pay attention to, or do you simply have them recalibrated annually? Would you expect to see any significant drift in CO values if used only occasionally?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I have the same analyzer. Use it a lot. Have burners that had little or no CO, ever. Got it calibrated. Now they show CO. Instead of 0-5 ppm, now they are all 20-55 ppm.
    Can't be the analyzer, has to be me, right?
    I think it's not the same O2 sensor w/ NOX filter, or it doesn't work the same (talking about oil burners).
    steve
  • SV9_9
    Thanks STEVEusaPA, I guess I am just questioning whether or not I can go another season before having it recalibrated. I probably should just send it out to remain on the safe side.

SuperTech
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 792
    You can easily go another season. I have handled, sold and calibrated Bacharach analyzers for over 30 years. Rarely are they off far enough after 2-3 years to affect our diagnostics.
  • SV9_9
    edited March 2019

Thanks for your reply captainco. That is good to know.