Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TriangleTube excellence

I have replaced my thermostat with a new one and I still can't control my heat using the thermostat. I have to manually turn the CH off on the boiler itself or else the heat reaches 75 degrees in the house. Is there a way I can manually setup the heat not to exceed 70 on the boiler itself? Thanks.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    Need more info. How many zones? Circulators of zones valves? Is the a zone control panel? It more than likely is something other than the boiler.
  • jlizzotte04
    jlizzotte04 Member Posts: 2
    I have no idea how to answer your questions. Sorry I'm just not a heat person. It's radiant heating. With propane. I attached a picture incase that helps.
    delta T
  • SuperJ
    SuperJ Member Posts: 609
    The boiler will have some wiring terminals to connect a thermostat. It's possible to configure it, so that it only runs when the thermostat is calling for heat. But other configurations may not use the thermostat. Or, piping mistakes can sometimes lead to unintended flow and overheating.

Is it possible the thermostat is only for a separate AC system?

If it's infloor radiant, sometimes space will overheat if the water is too hot. Since there is a delay between when you start heating and when the heat leaves the slab, it's easy to overshoot if the water is too hot.

Does the heat eventually shut off, and the space cool back down before running again? Or, does it run constantly?

A bunch more pictures of the piping around the boiler, and any other controls or components (preferably wide angle to show how every thing is connected).
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    it may be easier to tell us where you are located and have a pro stop in and setup the controls and wiring.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    kcoppSuperTech
  • bennyboy
    bennyboy Member Posts: 7
    I own the same boiler and use it to heat the baseboards and pex radiant heating system. The boiler has an instruction manual that you need to read and use to set up the type of heat emitters you have (Pex tubing) and you cannot exceed more than 110 F.
    Then you should be wiring the new thermostat to the thermostat terminals on the zone controller that operates the zone valves of your pex emiiter system. The zone controller will send signals to the pumps, zone valves and to the CH (heat signal) of the boiler. And the boiler will heat water to less or equal to 110 F and no more while the heat signal is active.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    I'm not sure if the OP has a zone controller. We need better pictures and more information. From the looks of it I think the boiler just does a single zone with one thermostat and takes care of domestic hot water.

I highly doubt that the thermostat needed replacement. It sounds more like a piping issue or incorrect internal configuration.
  • ednelson
    ednelson Member Posts: 10
    hi my Name is Ed I am in tech support Dept. at Triangle tube if you are still having trouble please give me a call it may be something in the programming of the boiler
    856 228 8881 ext 155
    Erin Holohan HaskellKeifer301
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    ednelson said:

hi my Name is Ed I am in tech support Dept. at Triangle tube if you are still having trouble please give me a call it may be something in the programming of the boiler
    856 228 8881 ext 155

Thanks, @ednelson.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com