Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where is the water coming from

2»

Comments

• cons20
    cons20 Member Posts: 13
    I've taken out all drywall around shower and all line in the area. All dry. Everything above header is dry and had been dry for days
  • SENWiEco
    SENWiEco Member Posts: 159
    Can you send us more photos.
    Sean Wiens
  • cons20

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    So have you been using the shower, or not? Time to narrow down what’s leaking with everything dried out.
  • SENWiEco
    edited February 2019
    Do you mean the wall header is wet? Above the shower or on floor level below? Is there a another floor level below the shower?
    Sean Wiens
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Is the area where the carpet was wet, in the other room, a common wall to that shower wall?
  • SENWiEco
    Please give us the full description of where this shower is in the hose, what is above and what is below, so that we do not have to keep guessing.
    Sean Wiens
    Fred
  • cons20
    Looking at the tub now and thinking about these wet spots in my carpet. It's all in line with main going outside.I'm thinking its damaged and the radiant heat is heating up the water and causing condensation and its trying to escape into the air
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    cons20 said:

Looking at the tub now and thinking about these wet spots in my carpet. It's all in line with main going outside.I'm thinking its damaged and the radiant heat is heating up the water and causing condensation and its trying to escape into the air

I assume the wet spots line up with where the water meter is located as well? Do you know what material the supply pipe is? Copper? Pex? Iron? Also it could be a broken waste pipe. If the wet spots don't line up with the water meter, check to see if it lines up with a waste clean-out.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    If your water meter is outside in a pit, you could make sure all fixtures are off and watch the small flow indicator on the meter.

If the meter is inside the house, then with all water off, a screw driver point against the incoming pipe before the meter with the handle stuck in your ear may allow you to hear water flowing.
    Gordy
  • plumbob44
    plumbob44 Member Posts: 7
    looks to me like it's definitely coming from within the shower probably the caulk bead where the walls need the base . If you can just don't use the shower for a week or two and put a fan or heater in the space to dry it out. If the water dries up then it's not your radiant