Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Manifold Valve Fix

MykeWhyte
MykeWhyte Member Posts: 19
edited January 2019 in Radiant Heating
I have a Wirsbo manifold. One of the valves does not open all the way. I want to remove it to see if I can possibly clean it and loosen it. Is this a DIY job? Finding capable and competent Hvac techs seems like a shot in the dark. And they charge whether they fix the issue or not.

Can someone tell me the steps to removing the valve. I’ve searched the forum and YouTube. I’m guessing first I need to shut off the water. But then what? I also read I would need to flush the air out. How do I do that?

Comments

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    edited January 2019
    Sorry to hear you've got such little confidence in the technical talent available to you in our industry.
    As an alternative, people often email me pictures of the things they're inquiring about whether or not my company services or installs. It's no commitment on their part and eliminates the time and expense to both of us of dispatching a tech/team to find out what equipment we're talking about and whether or not it's in our wheelhouse to deal with. I suggest you try this with a local service provider.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • MykeWhyte
    MykeWhyte Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2019
    that's a great idea. I was just under the impression that HVAC Service Technicians seen it all and knew it all. Probably a mistake on my part. I should ask more questions and provide more information prior to them coming out.