Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rifeng radiant manifold experiences

Options
cabowen
cabowen Member Posts: 20
Good? bad? Please share your experience with these...hard to justify the 2-3x cost of the big names if these get the job done....Thanks.

Comments

• nibs
    nibs Member Posts: 511
    Options
    Happy with mine so far, but has only been in service for about 3 weeks.
    cabowen
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    I've got well over 100 sets of Rifeng manifolds out there and aside from a couple missing o-rings, they have been all but flawless. The Bluefin ones are almost identical, except the drains are MPT instead of MHT for some reason. Never a single leak from the factory, and the price can't be beat. Now, if you're going to be using actuators, then I'd look elsewhere. I wouldn't expect the parts market to be available forever. Basic single zone setups, they've been great for me
    cabowen
  • cabowen
    Options
    Why wouldn't you use them with actuators?
  • cabowen
    Options
    I found one vendor of Rifeng manifolds which supplies caleffi actuators for them....I assume the reservation expressed above by GroundUp about using these Rifeng manifolds with actuators is due to the actuators normally being some off brand, rather than something known like caleffi???
  • GroundUp
    Options
    cabowen said:

I found one vendor of Rifeng manifolds which supplies caleffi actuators for them....I assume the reservation expressed above by GroundUp about using these Rifeng manifolds with actuators is due to the actuators normally being some off brand, rather than something known like caleffi???

Correct
    cabowen
  • GroundUp
    Options
    @hot rod_7 can you confirm this? I've done some digging myself and there is a vendor stating that the 656404 Caleffi actuators are for the Rifeng manifolds. Anywhere else that sells these actuators don't seem to mention what exactly they fit
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    It would be hard to say for sure without us trying one.

Thread size is standard, but the pin stroke may vary from brand to brand. If the stroke is off, either the valve will not open completely, or out may not shut off all the way.

Install an actuator and blow in the port when it is powered open, and closed off is one simple test :)

We sold actuators for Rehau manifolds, but they required and adapter spacer

-R after the part number in our catalog gets a Rehau version TwisTop actuator.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GroundUp
    Options
    I can't seem to find what exactly Caleffi makes that aforementioned 656404 unit for. "universal" perhaps?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    The 656 actuators fit the zone valve bodies and also our manifolds. It may work on many other brands of manifolds if you can confirm then valve stem stroke.

It is the only 250mA, NEMA 3 sealed actuator that I and aware of. Approved for upside down use on chilled water applications where moisture is present.

We also have a high Cv, high shut off pressure, thermal zone valve now, with any selection of fittings for the union body.

Here is an example of tailpiece options that fit 12 different products in out line that have 1" G thread bodies. Mix and match tailpieces.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    GroundUp
  • GroundUp
    Options
    Great info, Bob. Thank you!