Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Caleffi

Options
Caleffi makes a great zone valve with union ProPress connections. I like the unions because if you ever need to change out the valve, just loosen the unions and remove the old valve and put in the new one. Boom shaka laka!

I would love to see these unions on their other devices that have either ProPress, solder or threaded connections. Fill valves, air eliminators, dirt separators.........
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,136
    Options
    Thanks for noticing, here are some of the tailpieces we offer, a 1961 pex expand fitting is on it's way, Upon, Rehau, etc..

These tailpieces fit at least 12 of our products now, you can buy zone valves, mixing valves, balance valves, fill valves, etc as bare bodies and select tailpieces.

Also mix and match connections, sweat on one, pex on the other, etc. A 3 way mix valve could have different connections or all 3 ports.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    GroundUpAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,002
    edited January 2019
    Options
    How about microbubble air eliminators?

Does this mean we can buy one body that can be fitted with different size connectors?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,136
    Options
    This multi position version could have any of those tailpieces added 1/2- 1" for now. I don't think this body is large enough for 1-1/4", yet.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    I've been using the Caleffi zone valves almost exclusively for about 2 years now, I love them. Glad to see the union connectors are available on more than the ZVs now!