Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

beckett cleancut pump

serene44
serene44 Member Posts: 1
Please I am on my 3rd cleancut pump it keeps seizing up and having to be replaced and its getting costly! I changed out filter in oil line and cleaned filter chamber its all looks normal in there but pump is not working. Any ideas or how can I unseize it if there is a way I am getting very frustrated with this every week or 2

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    It's the fuel, not the pump. Is it a two pipe system?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    This may help.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Is this a lift job or a gravity job?
    The oil line system needs to be checked with a vacuum gauge for restrictions.
    steve
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    How do you know pump is seized? If it is not pumping check the pump coupling
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,136
    What is the age and condition of the oil tank? Is it above ground or below ground? Indoor or outdoor? One oil line or is there a return pipe as well as a supply? Is the oil line run above or below the burner? All of these factors as well as oil quality need to be considered when pump failure occurs. Vacuum needs to be measured by a competent technician.