Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How is my boiler piping so far?

Options
Hi All,

I am in the process of installing my boiler---first time doing something like this. I was hoping that the pros here could take a look and let me know if I'm messing anything up.

I had two questions, as well:

1) Can I drain the condensate to the outside?

I think the easiest thing for me to do is join the pressure relief valve line to the condensate line and have it drain outside the house, but I can't tell from the code if this is ok. California Mechanical Code 310.1 (condensate "shall be collected and discharged to an approved plumbing fixture or disposal area"). Not sure if outside (away from a "public way" in my backyard is an approved disposal area. If I need to tie into a drain, any tips on how to do that? I have a 1.5" abs laundry drain I could use---would I use a saddle clamp or similar?

2) Is the makeup water supply close enough to the hydronic separator? I circled the T where I will connect the makeup water in red in one of the pictures. The expansion tank and makeup water will connect there---if it's too far, I think I could move it to the other side of the elbow.

Thanks in advance!
Nathan

Comments

• Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Use a neutralizer and condensate pump and pump it to your drain

Discharge into a sump or the storm drain I think is not usually okay
  • OaklandNS
    OaklandNS Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks! That makes sense and will be easy to do with the placement of the laundry drain. I suppose I should neutralize the condensing DHW as well, which was installed by the prior home owner and doesn't have a neutralizer.