Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Selling steam radiators

Options
I heard these could be worth more than just scrap. Anyone know someone that would be interested in buying one/both ??

Comments

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    Can you share photos of the radiators, @bucko410? Thanks!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • JeffGuy
    JeffGuy Member Posts: 81
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I have seen quite a few one pipe steam radiators free on craigslist without a lot of takers. I'm sure this depends in part on what part of the country you're in, but here in northeast new england there isn't much demand for steam heat (except for the people who already have and love it, but they aren't usually looking for new radiators). Two pipe radiators have some demand, since whether first used for steam or water they can be used with hot water, and cast iron baseboard has the most demand (but still not very much money per pound) when it comes to used heat emitters.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Virtually every steam radiator can be used for one pipe or two pipe steam installations, just by taking a plug out. The real issue as to using them interchangeably between steam and hot water is how the sections are connected together at the top. Steam only does not have a passageway across the top, between sections. Radiators that can be used in either implementation has passages between the sections at the top and bottom.