Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell T5+ thermostat mounting issue...

Bought these thermostats most because I love the display appearance. Issue I'm having is there are no adapter plates given to install/connect to the low voltage ring one boxes I installed for my thermostats. Does anyone have an easy solution for this? Thinking this must be a common issue or need.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Can you use a blank outlet box cover and drill it to make an adapter?
  • john p_2
    john p_2 Member Posts: 367
    Yes, could do that but issue is the thermostat is smaller height wise compared to the box. I just did a Google search for a cover plate for this stat and seeing possibly some Honeywell options
  • john p_2
    Apparently they sell two different size covers for the T5 but you also need a "standard installation adapter' and this is impossible to find. Yikes!
  • john p_2
    The part # given to me by Honeywell is THP2400A1020. Anyone know where these can be purchased?
    Intplm.
  • john p_2
    I found a good pic of the Honeywell part I need
    Intplm.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,880
    If the above part is not readily available you can try using low voltage boxes found in the electronic, audio, video sections of the big box hardware stores. I have had some luck with them and can be made to look quite nice.
  • NoFro
    NoFro Member Posts: 2
    I bought a T5 without knowing it doesnt come with the adapter plate or trim piece. I couldnt find them available anywhere, so I bought a lightly used T4 pro off ebay for a few bucks just to get those pieces.
  • john p_2
    OMG...I literally just bought four T4 pro stats pretty cheap off Ebay to uss the pieces also...
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,136
    Every T5 I've ever installed included that adaptor plate, don't understand why you didn't get it.
  • john p_2
    There's the T5 and a T5+....mine are the T5+. Maybe that is why?