Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Coleman DGAT056BDE Leaks water through pop rivets holding baffle. Furnace locked out Help

Options
cyberman
cyberman Member Posts: 1
Tech came to do winter tune-up and found water could leak through the pop rivets holding the baffle plate at the top of the heat exchanger. He locked out the furnace and sent over a salesperson to quote a new furnace. Since I'm not a tech, all Coleman would say is that they don't guarantee their exchanges are hermetically sealed. Another company came out, did a visual inspection, pulled on the baffle by reaching inside and said it was tight. They confirmed all four pop rivets were intact and secure. The owner of the 2nd company said, "of course they'll leak, they're pop rivets. He said the furnace is safe. What's your take on this?

Comments

• Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    Options
    The first guy sounds like one of those, I don't know if I would call it a scam, but dishonest sales practice.

Did the second guy unlock it for you?
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    You should have a combustion test performed for proper testing of the furnace. If neither did that then find someone who does it. Video of the heat exchangers to visually check for cracks or other issues. Also needs to be done.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Did you actually see water? If there's AC, did anyone look at the pan to see if it is cracked, or a plug drain?

There was an error rendering this rich post.