Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Watts temp/press gauge.

nibs
nibs Member Posts: 511
With the Rinnai boiler we are installing, came a Watts temp/press gauge with no directions for use. It is in two pieces and Watts in their wisdom has decided that I cannot be trusted with assembly directions.,
Question, how far do you screw the gauge into the DPG-VR retaining piece. Does it screw in until the gauge shows movement, or does it just screw in snug. Don't want to break anything, and would like to put it in this afternoon.
Thank you, Tony

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    I found no instructions on line. I would say use pipe dope on the retaining valve to install it in the boiler then screw the gage into the retaining valve just until snug. Check for leaks
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,889
    I use a lot of those. Whether right or not, I haven't yet broken one or had a leak. I put the snubber in first with a thin layer of Permabond, then the probe with another thin layer. Spin the gauge with my hand until tight, then spin the snubber another 1/4 to 3/4 turn to the right orientation with a 6" Crescent wrench.
    Jim_R
  • nibs
    nibs Member Posts: 511
    Thank you both, the gauge is in, hopefully it wont leak, began pressurizing the system this afternoon, once I had the gauge in.