Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tiger Loops

Ken D.
Ken D. Member Posts: 836
I have had problems with Tiger Loops. It seems that some will not prime after yearly burner maintenance. The filters and strainers are clean and the pumps check out OK. I usually jumper the cad cell and let it run and it primes. Not always. On the affected units, I have manually drawn oil from the tank with my Firematic jig pump. the burner fires, but soon loses prime. When I remove the TL completely, Voila!! It runs. My flare connections are all tight. The tiger Loops in question are older. The newest about 6 yrs., but most are over 10. Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    It has to be piped wrong or the pump isn't set up for 2 line. Tiger Loops are infallible.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that they recommend replacing them every 8-10 years.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Check your firomatic valve (if attached). Maybe it's sticking or something is blocking the inlet. Otherwise, it should draw pretty quickly.
    BTW, is the bypass plug installed in the pump?
    Even though I rarely use them, I've really never had that problem.
    Is it installed per the drawing, loop trap and all?
    I did have one where the firomatic went bad and the high vacuum ruined a fuel pump, but that's the only issue.
    steve