Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NTI Trinity 150 overshooting high water temp?

Options
notsoepic
notsoepic Member Posts: 10
edited October 2018 in Radiant Heating
I have a staple up radiant system (ultrafin) and have been fiddling with my outdoor reset setting to try and get better condensing from my NTI 150 boiler. Right now I am primarily heating one 600 square foot zone and set the Central Heating Set Point at 150 F. However, I have looked at the settings on the boiler several times to find the boiler water
temperature displaying upwards of 180-190. My differential setting is at 20 F and my DHW is set at 160. Even at these high temps the gas input is relatively low (~25k btu/hr). Is there an explanation for why the water temperature would be going so high?

Comments

• notsoepic
    notsoepic Member Posts: 10
    Options
    So I did a little more investigating and it looks like the boiler is treating the heat calls as domestic water calls, based on the lights from the Sentry Controller -- this makes sense as the boiler is set up to turn burner on at the at the DHW set point and turn the burner off at 200F for DHW calls. So it seems to me the boiler is simply running this cycle for my heating calls.

So question now is (assuming above makes sense) -- is this just due to a miswiring of the thermostat, or does it mean the pumps are wired incorrectly (or both?)