Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Feedback on NTI GF200 Furnace

Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
Hello All - Please see attached. Has anyone ever used one of there? I've never used on before. Just looking for some feedback.

Comments

• norton928
    norton928 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Steve, did you find out any more info on the NTI GF200? I'm looking at installing one in my house in Denver, but I'm a little wary given how new it is and I can't find any reviews or recommendations online. Did you end up installing one?
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    No that job did not happen as of yet
    I really don’t know maybe somebody else could help
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I think one of the OW's (Original Wallies) reps it. Maybe he'll pop on and respond.
    steve
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    It is a Navien boiler. The instant hot water production does not work in cold climates as in many areas municipal water can be only 33F.So one needs 80F rise at least which equates to 4.8 GPM
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Their was a guy on instagram up in Canada that installed a couple. Ended up pulling them out do to some problems. Not sure what he incountered but he was happy with it. I think it’s a great idea but who knows if it will take off.
  • Steve_Wheels
    Steve_Wheels Member Posts: 28
    Just to jump in, it is NOT a Navian BOILER, it is however a Navian 200MBH tankless WATER HEATER inside a NTI Furnace enclosure making this the worlds first 97% AFUE rated condensing COMBI furnace. 2 appliances in 1. Space saver, game changer and very reliable. the unit will supply 5GPM @ 70F rise DHW and 20-80MBH forced air with a DecStar variable speed blower. You can supply up to a 3-1/2ton B size AC coil and up to 2 stage condenser to give a complete HVAC package. 18x37x37 space saver! video available here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gehnxaiRWl0
    Erin Holohan HaskellnjtommyKeifer301
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    If I were a furnace man, it looks like a nice setup. Very impressive numbers!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    Steve_Wheels
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    You can put in a condensing Combi Boiler plus duct coil on top of a air handler.
    The NTI unit is interesting.
    Call NTI ask who the rep is in your area. Also ask NTI if there are any certified trained heating professionals in your area that is installing these units. Get their names and call them.
    One draw back is how easy is it to get into the unit and work on the TGWH? Do you have hard water in your area? How hard is it to get in and pump out the TGWH inside the furnaces?
  • Maddogg08
    Maddogg08 Member Posts: 2
    It is a Navien NPE240A tucked into a small cabinet w/ magnetic blower drive system. Parts for Navien are exactly the same as are the part #s. Connections are external and there is a valve kit for it.( service and mixing). Tons of applications and all the same water issues apply. I have had good luck w/ them.
  • Patriots51
    Patriots51 Member Posts: 1
    Would this b considered a hydro air configuration. Or Is the heating side a normal forced air furnace. I understand it has a tankless navien inside the unit for dhw so it is a combi furnace. I've only ever seen Combi boilers. Why wouldn't they go a step further to make it hydro air. isn't it a better way to exchange heat? Sorry for the amateur question. Any explanations are appreciated.