Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett GeniSys 7505B-1500

Options
JHanson907
JHanson907 Member Posts: 1
My furnace is only a few years old. It is a Lennox furnace w/ a Beckett burner. Recently we have had problems w/ the primary control working reliably. To the right of the primary control there is a small terminal board and, nearer the burner box, a small rectangular plastic box. When the burner is not operating smoothly I am hearing rapid clicking inside this small box and the burner operation is intermittent and seems to be related to the rapid clicking. I don't see this terminal board and small box on other pictures of the Becket GeniSys 7505. Any information provided on this system and possible problems / solutions would be appreciated. Please see attached photo

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    It's an AC ready kit. But the clicking could be a thermostat problem, or a wiring short...or even something in the outside unit..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The little black box is the relay that closes contacts to the Red and White wires going to the primary to start the burner on a heat call.
    Since you dont have A/C wired into the control, I assume this happens only when the burner is running.
    The Beckett A/C ready kits do have a history (for me anyway) of poor, erratic contact in that little relay, so that might be your problem. But like @STEVEusaPA mentioned, check the thermostat and its wiring first.
    To test the A/C ready kit, turn off the switch and simply remove the thermostat wires (not the factory wiring) to R and W. Place a jumper between R and W and turn on the switch. If the chattering still happens, it's the A/C ready kit causing the problem.