Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wirsbo/ uponor radiant manifold

rich p_4
rich p_4 Member Posts: 25
Hello Wall,
I have a job with a brass manifold roughly 14 year old with power heads.
3 of the ports with the power heads leaked and caused a fuse to blow on the relay board.
I would like to repair this manifold. Is there a source for parts? Its got 8 ports and has special long brass connectors that accept the 5/16" hepex.
Any help is appreciated.
thanks
Rich

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    Can you post a picture?
    Some of the early manifolds used a Sparco, aka Honeywell Sparco motorized actuator. I think those have been discontinued, I believe the HW versions, still available will work. Also Uponor has thermal actuator conversion kits for some early manifolds.

Leaks can sometimes be at the valve mechanism o-ring, that may be tougher to rebuild.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • rich p_4

• rich p_4

• rich p_4

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    Looks like an old manifold with the newer style "helmet head" actuators, those should be available still. Green adaptor rings are installed.

Hopefully they are not mounted upside down like the pic shows? Even moisture from condensation will get into the electrical components.

Caleffi is the only brand that has a hermetically sealed version 6564 made for inverted use, that I know of. It's a low 250mA current draw version also.
    It may fit that adapter ring, need to watch the pin stroke even if the threads match up.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • rich p_4
    Hot Rod thanks for the reply!
    The manifold is not upside down the photographer is
    Rich_49