Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carlin EZ H2L burner

Jon_blaney
Jon_blaney Member Posts: 316
Anyone with experience with this burner? My use a Boyertown Regal in my home.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Looks interesting. Do you have any questions or do you want to share your experience?
    steve
  • Jon_blaney
    I am just wondering how good it is. Not many users that I can find. Just Boyertown furnace and Peerless boilers that I see. I was hoping someone here knew about them firsthand.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I know Slant Fin make a boiler with a 2 stage Riello, but this Carlin burner seems like it would be better. Would love to see it in a (my) boiler.
    I tried searching their website to see what other equipment could be using this burner-no luck.
    We'll see who else chimes in...
    steve
  • Jon_blaney
    Wrote too Carlin but no response yet.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I've only read some literature on them and as far as I know they're only applicable for Boyertown now. Even the Carlin website doesn't list it as a retrofit burner.
    I would love to get my hands on one.
  • Jon_blaney
    Here is some info I got from Boyertown:

"The H2L works off of the Thermostat, so you must have a 2 stage t-stat.
    The burner changes firing rate by changing motor RPM, Oil temperature,
    (The burner has an nozzle line heater) and pump pressure. All of this
    affects the way the oil is atomized.
    The unit will fire on high fire for the first 45 seconds so that we can be sure it has achieved a good flame, then it should drop to low fire and stay there until the call for heat is satisfied. If the furnace cannot keep up because the temperature in the house is dropping it will go into high fire to satisfy the call for heat.

The unit must also have an ECM motor and that ramps up when the unit calls for high fire and ramps down when low fire is needed.

Hope this helps. Oil prices seems to be rising once again, although there really is no reason for it. This could help to save 15 to 20% of your fuel bill. Make sure we are talking gallons and not $$. It is too hard to compare if we just talk about $$."
    HVACNUT