Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Calling Massachusetts plumbers

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
edited April 2018 in Plumbing
Got a High Efficiency going in, condensate connection is the worst I’ve ever encountered. Anyone have any luck with getting an auto vent passed by the board? Local inspector won’t let it go without mass board
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    Such is life in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. The most overregulated State in the union.
  • GW
    I may try to get a variance, add it to my life skill set. This is a modern semi attached building with no sleeping quarters, a kitchen and bath on the upper level (no laundry anywhere) and lower level is drive under garage with a small closet for boiler. Kitchen will be a pain to tie into. Single bowl sink with pig and dw. It’s a work space / office so the gurgling May be a pain. I did explain it all

No FV in sight probably buried

We will tie in today and see how it goes.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @GW , I had to go for a variance once. We relocated some gas equipment in a plant and put in a new gas main. Of course we had to get a permit and the equipment that was relocated wasn't "MA approved" even though it had been installed in the plant for probably 20 years.

So we had to get a variance to reinstall the equipment that had been in use for a long time. The customer had to hire a PE to get this approved.

Others that work in other states have no clue what we suffer through.
  • GW
    edited April 2018
    Sounds like a drag. Anyway we ran the vinyl line today and it was every bit as painful as I anticipated. Ceiling of the garage to the floor of the cabinet base was about 29”. It was quite a treat to poke up from below into the cabinet. Has to get a 36” rod 1/4” from the hardware store and basically cut a point into the end with a band saw.

This pic shows where we went up. The boiler room is 24 feet or so the other way
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    I have a Me and NH lic.... no desire whatsoever to do work in Mass....
    lchmb
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @kcopp , when I retire I am not staying here. Plan to move north. My GF wants too. Until she finds out it's colder and more snowy. LOL
    kcopp