Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wall hung gas water heater

Hello to all. I have a client who needs a new wall hung gas water heater. the house is about 6500 sq/ft and is heated with hot air units that are all over the house. As typical they used every inch of the home for living space so there is no room for indirect or storage tank. Im looking for input to a good heater that will do only hot water. Would love your input on best manufacturer, tech support and reliability of unit. Just want to get an idea what you all are using out there.
Thanks
Boilerguy

Comments

• johnfaccio
    johnfaccio Member Posts: 10
    There are a total of three water heaters throughout the home each does a portion of the house. the replacement will be for master bath.
    boilerguy
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    I'm a fan of Rinnai.. call their support if you need any help sizing. They can assist in many ways..and stand behind their product..imho
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Rinnais are good, I also like the Rheem RTGH heaters, Have had very few problems with both. Really the better question is who has better support and parts availability in your area?
    kcopp
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    I have had really good performance w/ the State WH line.
  • djfreni
    djfreni Member Posts: 13
    How about the Navien NPE-240A series? I’m putting one in my house?
  • bulldoglax
    bulldoglax Member Posts: 38
    Rinnai, new ultra and luxury series units get 5 year parts and labor 12 year heat exchanger. Look at ruc80, ruc90, ruc98. Tech supports awesome . they just updated website which took a step backwards.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    If going tankless looks like you might need 2 units at 199,000 BTU each. That is 400,000 BTU just for the water heaters. How large is your gas line.
    Also with an 6500 SQ FT home is there a domestic hot water recirculation line run. If not it will take for ever to get hot water from any type water heater to the bathrooms.
    What about putting solar on the roof with large storage tank backed up by tankless gas water heaters.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Check out the NTI GF 200. It’s a warm air furnace with a duct coil in it for heating and a TGWH or boiler that does heating and domestic hot water. Delivers 4.8 GPM domestic hot water at an 80F temp rise. Put two or three of these in the house and you will get heating and domestic hot water from one unit. One of these can run two showers at 2.5 GMP. Check them out.
    Where are you located it at. The company I work for sells these units to contractors.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Can the existing water heaters be joined together for more synergy? What size is the gas service in the house?—NBC