Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need a little help with first company auquatherm low voltage wiring

Simpleman50
Simpleman50 Member Posts: 1
i installed a 4 ton hydro unit with a hot water coil. the units i usually install already have the circulator pumps in them this one doesn't . i installed a honeywell t6 pro thermostat and wired it as a 2h/2c system 1 transformer. i have circulator tied in to the aquastat on a crown boiler and the circulato wired to the aquastat. when i power up the air handler the circulator shuts off? when i turn off the air handle the pump turns on even when lowering the t-stat temp the air handler doesnt shut off. the air handler i only used green, white and red wires the remainder are capped off. there are two purple that say boiler not sure how or if i should be using them. thanks scott

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    This post looks familiar. Did you already post this here or another site?
    Sounds like you have a lot going on there and would need someone with more experience to come out and go over everything.
    Is the circulator not getting power from the aquastat (maybe supply temp below low limit?) or getting power and not moving water?
    A wiring diagram, showing components w/model numbers would help, as would some pictures.
    Hard to guess how you actually wired it by your description.
    Why 2h/2c?
    steve
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    There should be a wiring diagram on the unit. Or maybe open the installation book.
    GBartnewagedawn
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    tace the wires on the wiring diagram
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    The purple wires are normally open end switch contacts. Usually wired to bring on the boiler or circulator in a relay panel. The orange wires send 24 volts out during a call for heat to open a zone valve, or they can be used to power a humidifier solenoid valve. Hope this helps.