Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aquasmart 7600 and taco sr504

Hi there,
I have a buderus lagano with an aquasmart on top and I picked up a Taco SR 504. I have a primary secondary set up with two secondary loops run with taco circulators. Be kept has great diagrams for setting this up with no primary ciculator. I'm wondering if anyone has insight on how to control the primary so that it runs whenbeither of the secondaries are on. I kind of got it working last night by connecting the Sr504 tt to the Beckett TT and the zc and zr between the two. Running the main circulator off of C1C2 and the two secondaries off of the Taco. I think it's not quite right though. Any insights?
Excuse the wiring, I'm not making everything neat until I have it right.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,829
    Incorrect. Your not getting the benefits of the Aquasmart that way. Wire it according to the manual for "Control wiring utilizing a zone panel".
    The water heater gets wired into the Aquasmart to override the economizer on a DHW call. Use ZR,ZC only, not XX. Then program the Aquasmart to your needs.
    Side note: I don't see a draft regulator. Buderus wants to see -.02 breach so you might need one. And a test hole for combustion readings and adjustments.
    SuperTechBcskijor
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,158
    It looks like you have some nice equipment. I strongly suggest hiring a professional before damaging some nice stuff. Don't wait until it fills with soot and has fried components due to incorrect/poor wiring.
  • Bcskijor
    Bcskijor Member Posts: 2
    My plumber is coming to tune post construction. I bought a 3/4 done house and have nursed it through the winter. He noted that the test hole was missing so it hadn't been tuned.

The wiring for zone panel does not have a primary ciculator in it. That's my confusion.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,829
    > @Bcskijor said:
    >
    > The wiring for zone panel does not have a primary ciculator in it. That's my confusion.

Oh yeah, the primary circ. Install an SR501 for the primary circ and wire TT on it to XX on the 504.
    If the indirect circ is on the secondary circuit, that will not energize the primary pump. The indirect circ should be tee'd in at the supply side of the primary circuit. Piped that way, the indirect circ doesn't need the primary circ.
    Post some pics after everything is done and cleaned up.
    SuperTech