Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flexible oil line fittings

Options
Dave M
Dave M Member Posts: 36
Got a question on the 36-inch flexible oil lines with 1/4-male pipe fitting on each end. Like you’d use to connect a Tigerloop to a Beckett pump. Does the pipe fitting on at least one end rotate so that you can tighten the line on both ends? Can’t tell for sure by pics and I searched for and couldn’t confirm. If at least one end doesn’t rotate you’d have to convert to flare just so you could tighten everything. I hope I’m describing this clearly. Thanx.

Comments

• rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    On the ones I have used, one end is a male end and is fixed. The other end is a flare end. So, you would tighten the line on the male end, and then use the swivel end to finish it up.
    Rick
    STEVEusaPA
  • Dave M
    Options
    Just to follow up..
    I heard from Patriot Supply today. On the flex lines that are 1/4-inch male pipe on both ends, one end is fixed and the other end rotates to enable tightening. That is to say if you want to connect two devices that are 1/4-inch female pipe you don’t need any adapters to get there. Dave.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    If you read the instruction of the The Tiger , they state one device for each burner ..If we streach it ?

They make. different types of flex line , Flair , Riello and NPT , ..... The one your asking about ,, one side 1/4' NPT and an 1/4" adepter on the other End ... I normally put the adapters on the pump...
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Dave M
    Options
    Correct, a Tigerloop only services one burner. By two devices I meant any two things that are 1/4 female pipe. If you were to connect a Tigerloop to a Beckett/Suntec pump with flex lines that were NPT on both ends you would not need any adapters. It’d be a direct connection, just tighten her up. The NPT lines are sold bundled with the Tigerloop package.