Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wall mounted hydronic heat exchanger

andymar
andymar Member Posts: 25
I am installing gas hot water b/b heat in an addition. Two story 1440 total sq. foot in N.J. second floor on different zone. I need to get heat into a small first floor foyer with limited wall space, 20 or so inches at the max. Foyer opens from exterior side door, open door into kitchen and other door into unheated stairway leading to basement. Heat calc. calls for 5 feet of true baseboard however that may include heating stairway, of which I will not. I am interested to know who makes a wall mounted, baseboard type (fins and guts) heat exchanger . Not too concerned about height. To be installed in loop, 3/4 inch pex, with rest of floor which includes large living room and kitchen. Really cant fit a kickboard type anywhere but in kitchen.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Turbonics or Beacon Morris make small convectors and fan coils you can mount on a wall. Goggle them
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    edited January 2018
    How about a bathroom style panel radiator?
    Buderus and Biasi make one that is 36" high x 16 wide.
    Pipe it as a mono flow.
    Rich_49
  • andymar
    andymar Member Posts: 25
    The Buderus looks like a nice product. Through research I just realized I could purchase a kick plate type unit and have it mounted flush on a wall, facing up, with a wall cabinet housing to surround it. Makes sense to me. Thanks for the help people. I believe Beacon Morris makes them both. I think it's the K42 or K84, 12 to 19 inches wide. The W42 is 16 wide.
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 643
    Hydronic Alternatives. Have a look at their selection of panel radiators.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker