Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Primary/Secondary looping for multi-temperatures

Options
13»

Comments

• PipeJr
    PipeJr Member Posts: 29
    Options
    8" on ctr., no insulation just drywall, straight hw flooring other than kitchen area.

BTW: Do you have any ideas on how to deal with my 2 circ. problem?

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Did you get it to behave correctly with just the small zone running, or is it still airbound?
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    If your delta is 5 you are over pumping. Just more electricity, and more expensive pumps.

If your boiler is running every 45 min. How long is it running until the call is satisfied?

Insulation directs the btus to the panel surface. Right now with no insulation you are also heating the whole joist bay, and the room below. Not efficient.

If it is heating the room as you have stated then your load calcs are off, way off because there is no way you can get those results with the loads that were calculated.

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Rich - calling you out; you want to redeem yourself, figure out how I can pipe my low-temp zone (post 4 way to eliminate smaller pump from being taken over by my larger when both stats call at the same time). I would completely forgive you and disregard your rude comments. : )~

What are the heads of the loops on the top manifold and the same for the lower manifold ? If I remember correctly the top manifold had the larger circ and the lower , the smaller circ , is this correct ?

Both manifolds should have been set up as a manifold after your mixing valve ( off the side ) . I would have determined which had a greater head loss and placed that farthest from a single circ ( ECM / Delta T / P ) and used zone valves ) . If the highest head zone is the one the circ sees / feels the lower head manifold will obviously get what it needs .

GOOD LUCK
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    Gordy