Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help on a Peerless gas boiler

Options
I have a Peerless gas boiler with a vent damper and a Honeywell Aquastat....the boiler was not firing everyrime and when I went there to troublshoot I found the problem with the vent damper...so I locked the damper open and had no issues until last night...the vent damper was locked open, there was a call for heat and the pilot was lit, but the boiler didn’t fire and the temp in the boiler was 120 degrees. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Could it be an aquastat problem? I don’t think it’s the gas valve because the pilot was lit. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    yes you may have 'multiple problem syndrome', if you're handy with a multi-meter you may be able to figure it out. It may be better to call the pro on this though.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jump the vent damper till you can replace it, its part of the sequence and needs to have voltage through it
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Run a zip-screw into the pipe, so there is no way the damper can close, also.