Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tech support

lchmb
lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
rather sad when a tech, who is on site, calls a support number for an american brand product and the guy on the other end gives him attitude... I usually dont slam anyone but I can say that I'll give thought to buying their product if it's my choice to make..

Comments

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    I recently called tech support for "USA" product actually advertised on this site. He also got a little attitude with me, insisted my wiring was wrong...... I insisted it is done correctly.... Come to find out what is wrong is the wiring diagram for the unit on the door. Usually there is a sticker next to the low voltage board that tells where the wires go. But in this case someone didn't do there job, and no sticker was put on at the board. So as techs we do what we do, and look at the wiring diagram, and wire accordingly. Well it turns out the wiring diagram is wrong, and so is the wiring diagram the "support tech" was also using. Turned out to be a BIG LEARNING, event for both of us.... Hope they correct the issue properly....
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    had one the other day on a Lars boiler 2500mbh had low and high gas pressure switches (Honeywell) our tech was having problems.

I got there he said the gp switches wouldn't let the boiler start told me the switch at the gas train inlet was the high gp. I said no that's backwards. Lo gas is at the gas train inlet hi gas is at the burner. "look in the book" he said.

Shure enough the book was wrong, showed hi gas at inlet, low gas at burner. and their 2 different switches as I googled them. The factory installed the correct switch in the correct spot but their install manual was wrong