Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aqua Pex and Freezing

Options
BillAllen
BillAllen Member Posts: 103
I just roughed an upstairs attic 1 zone heat. Have about 78 feet of BB the pex was run through 3 spaces that are under dormers where you have the soffet bringing in some attic air. Roof insulated and walls insulated in the attic construction. I insulated all the pex I'd say 30 feet of pex runs on the floor with 3/4 armourflex wrapped tightly. In other places the armourflex has fiberglass insulation wrapped around it. My concern is the contractor framed in and sheet-rocked the 3 dormers where i wanted to put more insulation around the armourflexed pex. But too late. the pex I am talking about is about 30 feet. Not near the soffett but little concerned whether I should get in there to use more insulation before the entire rooms are finished?
I'm confident but have some doubt. Have used heat pex in this type of situation with no problems but thought to throw it out there. What about antifreeze?

Comments

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Definitely need antifreeze, even with more insulation. Did you use oxygen barrier pex?
  • BillAllen
    BillAllen Member Posts: 103
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I used OX barrier pex, yes. How much anti freeze never used it. Heard of guys using it. What type how much? How to insert into system? Probably through a pump in a 5 gal bucket.??