Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus G115-WS3 analyzer video

imhereallweekya
imhereallweekya Member Posts: 19
edited December 2017 in Oil Heating
Here are the readings from my Buderus G115-WS. I think they look good, what do you guys think? I checked the readings using my Test 310.

* Stack temp is ~ 355 degrees
* Efficiency is around 89.5. This seems to drop a digit or two as the boiler's "on since started" time increases.
* Excess Air is 42%
* Cardon Dioxide is 10.83%
* Carbon Monoxide is 4ppm
* Undiluted Carbon Monoxide is 4ppm
* O2 is 6.5%

Actual Readings:

https://youtu.be/oyrHCdawRvU

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    There should be info in the start instructions to check your readings against.
  • imhereallweekya
    Yea, the installers must have tossed those when it was installed unfortunately I have nothing to compare to besides a few random googling findings so I found this forum.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    Excess air is too high and CO2 should be near 12% with a 0 smoke.
    Maybe you can adjust the draft regulator to increase stack temp a little to offset the higher CO2.
    Don't go higher on the efficiency. You don't want to condense.
    super_snop
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Those numbers aren't right, 350 and 11% isn't 89 % combustion eff. Is the analyzer set to 2 oil?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • SeymourCates
    SeymourCates Member Posts: 162
    If the stack is 355° , we can assume the net stack is 295° or so. The efficiency with 6.5% oxygen is right around 85%.............nowhere near 89.5.

As stated, the excess air must be reduced to get closer to the claimed efficiency.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Its a net stack temp, not gross
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • SeymourCates
    SeymourCates Member Posts: 162
    If correct and it's truly net stack, the efficiency is below 84%.
  • imhereallweekya
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the replies. I was estimating the numbers above. I made this video to show the actual readings below. This is a matched Buderus / Riello 40 F3 burner. The manual indicates the Turbulator setting as 2 and the air shutter as 3.5 ( I verified both were set to their respective settings).

The EXA is now under 40% (used to be around 44%). I think this is because the gasket on the swing open door wasn't in the groove and was letting extra air in. I also noticed the two door bolts weren't torqued to the recommended 90in lbs. I torqued them.

https://youtu.be/oyrHCdawRvU

And this is the inside after 18 months in service:

• imhereallweekya
    Im assuming it looks ok :-)
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    So what were your final numbers-draft, smoke, combustion?
    steve
    dirtbike59
  • imhereallweekya
    The draft is .02. I don't have a smoke tester yet and the combustion I'm not quite sure how to measure. I bought the analyzer to learn how the new system operates.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I hope the draft was -.02 at the breech, not positive .02. After draft you have to set the combustion air with the smoke tester. Then the analyzer pretty much is just showing you what you have (after some final adjustments).
    If you're going to spend the money on all the tools, you should take some classes to learn how to use them, and how to interpret the results.
    steve
  • imhereallweekya
    edited December 2017
    The draft was checked using the hold in the pipe that the installers drilled.
    I use the analyzer to look for changes is all. I bought it after the system was installed and took readings to look for changes. As long as its performing as it was new I am satisfied. Otherwise I will dig deeper.
    I wouldn't expect it to need adjusting after a year and a half, besides the usual cleaning, vacuuming, etc.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    Cricket, cricket