Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

about time to change heating oil tank

Options
Jackkallis
Jackkallis Member Posts: 1
hello all,
it's about time to change my heating oil tank. i am complete noob here, what would be the kind of tanks to look into. I am hearing a lot about Roth but cant seem to find pricing. How expensive are they?

I am in northeast, USA.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    Your fuel oil dealer should be able to get a quote to you for a Roth tank, They're pretty common here in the north east. You won't get any numbers from this sight as we avoid discussing pricing.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Roth is sexy but they are top feed tanks ... Any top feed tanks will breed sludge. ... Sludge is algae poop ... Lives between the layer of water and oil .. Sludge is acidic .. The algae can not digest the sulfur in the oil = sulfuric acid poop... The Roth protection is it's plastic liner ...But you still breeding clogging sludge in the tank that you can't remove ..

I would recommend an good steel tank in an dry environment . On cement , no dirt ... Any outside scratches , repaint .. Paying extra for an epoxy coating , I would recommend ..

Bottom feed .. Cut two set of legs . 13" and 12" .. The 13" far side of tank valve will give you 1/4" pitch for the water to leave the tank first... The higher legs gives you enough hight to install an filer below the tank valve , before the oil line slide a catch basin to service the filter.. Change the filter get rid of sludge and water . Add an second spin on filter at the burner to protect the nozzle ,the filter at tank to protect the tank and oil line

Outside tank , on a slab . Tank pitch toward the valve , oil line pitched toward the house , filter in the house ... No water no freezing ...
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    roth is a great tank !!!!, but if finance is an issue go with a 275 or 330 steel tank you can even pigge back them for more storage
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    A good eco tank will last for years and offers good protection from leaks.