Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring diagrams for magic chef furnace

bob17
bob17 Member Posts: 7
Anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams for light commercial magic chef furnace?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    No. But furnace wiring is fairly generic. You may have to just dig into what is there and figure it out. Make a wiring diagram as you go. 1 wire at a time
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I recently serviced a Magic Chef. Light commercial low boy oil fired. Had to replace the belt drive blower motor.
    The only thing atypical was it had 2 fan/limit controls. I guess because it's designated commercial. The second control was used as a limit only, set at a higher temp. Like @EBEBRATT-Ed said, those old furnaces are are all wired the same. No boards or TDR's to worry about. Pretty straightforward.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Post a pic of it and and any questions, someone can help. Anything special/different about the burner/controls, i.e
    -low/high fire w/ damper control
    -multi fuel
    -2 fuel pump solenoids
    -older model ODR
    etc.
    steve
  • bob17
    It does have 2 high limits, one above the heat exchanger and one below with a 230 vt blower. The problem is its completely unwired otherwise it wouldn't be a issue.
  • HVACNUT
    The control circuit is 115v. Burner, limits. One leg of the 220v goes right to the motor. If it's a High volt motor, there should be a diagram on the motor for specified voltage and rotation. Some of the terminal numbers are hard to see in the motor so make sure it's right.
  • bob17
    Ok thanks nut, would the burner circuit go through both fan limits or just Top? Same with the blower side?
  • bob17
    The blower is already wired so speed and rotation is all set everything is wired into one box
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    I would think the burner would go through both limits in series.

The fan I would think would go with the fan controls wired in parallel.
  • HVACNUT
    I'm not positive as I only replaced the motor and cycled it. I think the limits get wired in series but only one controls the fan (The lower one). Are there wires on the fan side of both controls?
  • bob17
    Yes there were wires on the fan side of both controls
  • HVACNUT
    bob17 said:

Yes there were wires on the fan side of both controls

Series or parallel?
  • bob17
    Not sure would it matter.
  • HVACNUT
    I guess it doesn't, just curious as to why. It's a single speed belt drive motor. Maybe if the first fan control failed, the second would take over. But it's got 2 limits.
    Any progress with the wiring?
    What exactly is the issue, burner circuit or fan circuit, and where are you getting hung up?
  • bob17
    The fan circuit, I inherited this after someone else worked on it .all the feeds come into one junction box and are not connected