Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus room sensor

mxfrank
mxfrank Member Posts: 22
I have a Buderus with the old Ecomatic 2000 control system (predecessor to Logamatic). I've always had a problem regulating the area of the house most distant from the boiler, and I'd like to try to run a Buderus remote room sensor. The sensor used with the Ecomatic was a "BFC". My question is whether the BFU sensor used with the 2107 would be compatible, as all stock and technical information about the BFC has disappeared into the dustbin of history.

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,832
    Buderus tech support has no answer? Mad Dog
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 177
    The BFC is no longer made and the BFU is not the same and is not interchangeable with it.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    Frank, you’re sure it’s a control problem? If part of the home is good and the other part of the home isn’t, I fear I may be missing something here. I don’t know your control, but I know the 2107 and BFU very well
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • mxfrank
    mxfrank Member Posts: 22
    First,I have to correct the completely wrong information given above. BFU is 100% downward compatible with older Ecomatic systems. In these applications, it’s interchangeable with a BFC.

As to why I need it, the house is an unusual design. It’s a single story contemporary that’s over 100 ft from end to end. The boiler is located in one corner, and it’s the opposite corner that’s hard to heat. Pipe runs are insulated, but there’s enough loss along the run to fool the control unit. I have monkeyed with the control unit to shift the curve, with some success. But I’ve never found a setting that’s right all the time. We’ll see if the BFU helps that.